Welcome to the course web site of the BSc course: Structured Electronics Design (EE3C11, Electronics part).
The course and this web site are developed and maintained by the instructors Chris Verhoeven and Anton Montagne
At the beginning of the course, the application specification of an amplifier to be designed will be presented.
Step-by-step design of this amplifier will be discussed during the course.
Motivation of the design steps, their underlying theory and application to other designs will be elucidated.
Examples and exercises will help the participants to understand the design steps and their interaction.
The course will be concluded with a written exam (Brightspace Quiz).
Structure of the lectures¶
Students need to prepare the lecture as follows:
Study the sections in the book associated with that lecture
Study the presentations of the lecture
Watch the videos of the lecture
A classroom poll / discussion provides information about the preparation and the level of understanding.
Instructors will elucidate topics using:
Ad hoc presentations
Students work in groups on the design of the hearing loop antenna system.
Detailed course information¶
Read more about: Structured Electronics Design
For detailed information about the lectures, click the lecture in the list below.
- 13-02-2023: Introduction
- 14-02-2023: Electronics 1
- 21-02-2023: Electronics 2
- 24-02-2023: Electronics 3
- 27-02-2023: Electronics 4
- 28-02-2023: Electronics 5
- 03-03-2022: Electronics 6
- 07-03-2023: Electronics 7
- 10-03-2023: Electronics 8
- 14-03-2023: Electronics 9
- 17-03-2023: Electronics 10
- 21-03-2023: Electronics 11
- 24-03-2023: Electronics 12
- 28-03-2023: Electronics 13
- 31-03-2023: Electronics 14
- 04-04-2023: Electronics 15
- 12-04-2023: Electronics 16
- 14-04-2023: Electronics 17
- Exam EE3C11 2023
The course book can be downloaded for free: Structured Electronics Design - 3rd edition
SLiCAP and LTspice source files of this book SED1_5_LTSPICE_SLiCAP.zip
A PYTHON-based symbolic SPICE simulator for deriving and solving design equations for electronic circuits. Course participants require a laptop with SLiCAP installed. See SLiCAP for installation instructions.
LTspice can be downloaded and installed from here.